WHO WE ARE
DNA is an independent creative agency in the Metropolis-meets-Mother-Nature hotbed of Seattle. Our thing? We make love between people and brands. How do we do it? By helping brands be entertaining, engaging, relevant and useful, day in and day out. What it requires of us is curiosity, courage, talent, honesty, hard work and a healthy dose of magic. At DNA, we have a ‘maker’ mentality where creativity lives in every department, where new voices and perspectives are nurtured, and we never, ever forget that the work is the boss.
MEDIA PLANNER OVERVIEW
You’ve spent a year+ learning the ropes. You’ve specialized in a particular media type or played a role on an integrated team. You aspire to become a well-rounded, integrated media professional.
You see being in a full-service and fully integrated agency as a competitive advantage and the key to building not only a better media plan but building better ideas.
You’re not just looking to do busy work, but to meaningfully contribute. To flex both your analytical and creative mind. We let our team members earn their opportunities and those who do so at a high level expedite their responsibilities and growth. We’re about delivering groundbreaking results, and your contribution to the growth of your colleagues, client business, and the agency as a whole will ultimately determine your growth path (not your age, time served or other arbitrary data points).
You’re eager to develop your skills of being a good partner to your colleagues. You see collaboration as the only way, and fundamentally believe in the philosophy of working across agency disciplines to truly integrate with strategy, creative, design and any other part of our DNA family that helps us do the best work of our lives. Externally, you embrace the opportunity to build partnerships with clients never settling for being a vendor. Likewise, you’ll make every effort to make media vendors, sales reps and strategic partners feel like an extension of our team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
As a Media or Comms Planner you’ll play a key role as part of the media team. You’ll be actively involved in 2-3 pieces of client business – with varying needs, responsibilities and staffing support. Certain accounts you may have regular support – senior and junior – while others may have limited support and necessitate more personal ownership. Interested in that type of challenge?
You’ll be expected to represent media and contribute to DNA’s integrated process, bringing relevant media thinking to briefs, working with creative and strategy teams to evolve their ideas, and building media plans that amplify those ideas with relevant and impactful media placements that deliver against client business goals. In doing so, you’ll foster positive and impactful partnerships with clients and other relevant internal/external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or relevant work experience
- Minimum 1 year of integrated media (or comms) planning and buying experience
- Ability to effectively manage your time and deliver results across 2-3 clients
- Thirst for learning and the ability to grow so that you can increase your contribution
- Self-starter capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Not afraid to ask questions and not afraid to make mistakes to expedite your learning
- Excellent analytical and math skills, comfortable working with budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), MRI, Nielsen Ad Intel and other similar or relevant research & reporting resources
- Experience and comfort in client settings and presentations
- Experience in RFP Processes including value analyzation and negotiating
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Tag Manager and Google Ads
- Proficiency with social media planning, buying, tracking and optimization
- Experience creating tags/pixels and trafficking
- Media billing software (SBMS/Strata, MediaOcean, DDS, Prisma) experience
- Salary DOE
- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- 401K Plan
- Personalized PTO (Our version of unlimited PTO)
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave