WHO WE ARE
DNA is an independent creative agency in the Metropolis-meets-Mother-Nature hotbed of Seattle. Our thing? We make love between people and brands. How do we do it? By helping brands be entertaining, engaging, relevant and useful, day in and day out. What it requires of us is curiosity, courage, talent, honesty, hard work and a healthy dose of magic. At DNA, we have a ‘maker’ mentality where creativity lives in every department, where new voices and perspectives are nurtured, and we never, ever forget that the work is the boss.
WHO YOU ARE
A prolific Senior Art Director or even a mid-level AD with the proven skills to make the next jump. You’re full of smart, disruptive, brand-building ideas and – just as important – you have the design craft to bring them into the world in a breathtaking way. Your creativity stretches across not just traditional advertising, but also experiential, content, social, events, even products. You know how to work with a creative partner, but also with your partners in media, strategy and production – all in the service of making the work better. You’ve produced work in a variety of mediums, which means you’re a skilled collaborator with production companies, photographers, and other creative professionals. You might even bring some of your own creative skills with you in video animation, illustration and more. And you know how to present your ideas in ways that get us and our clients excited. If this sounds like you, read on.
- 5+ years’ experience as an Art Director in an advertising, design or in-house agency
- Must have strong conceptual thinking and writing skills
- Must have rock-solid design skills that can flex for a variety of brands
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Google Slides, Powerpoint, and Keynote. Bonus points for Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Confident presentation skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in multiple stages of development
- Willing to both defend work but also take feedback when necessary
- Prior production experience required (working with editors, photographers, etc)
- First and foremost, we want to make work that we love, not just like – so your #1 responsibility is to concept and execute great work that is both strategically sharp and culturally disruptive
- Owning your role on a project from beginning to end (concepting, designing, selling it in, production, and post-production).
- Partnering with a Senior Copywriter as a creative team on projects and pitches.
- Immersing yourself in our clients’ businesses, including their competitors and their changing industries
- Collaborating with media, strategy and production to make the work better
- Staying curious and on top of new tools, tricks, and platforms to tell engaging stories for brands
- Salary DOE.
- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision.
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability.
- 401K Plan.
- Personalized PTO (Our version of unlimited PTO).
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave.