Who we are
DNA is an independent full-service advertising agency founded in Seattle in 1998. We believe advertising is all about values. Because when an organization cares about what consumers care about, connections form and loyalty can grow. It’s our job to uncover these shared values. And to be good at this, we need discipline and insightful strategy, plenty of creative thinking, a willingness to be completely open and honest, and more often than not, the kind of good fortune that results from hard work and preparation.
In other words, we believe our success comes from art, science, truth and luck.
It’s in our DNA.
Change is the only constant in life, so we embrace it. Every day we evolve brands, categories and ourselves for the better. Our product is a transformed brand experience. To create this, we must be solution-oriented, innately curious, creatively driven, and fiercely independent.
Who you are
Senior Art Directors collaborate with others in the development of concepts and are expected to be fluent in all media. They must be imaginative, curious, resourceful problem solvers, with a good understanding of strategy and how it should be used to drive creative executions. They’re talented visual thinkers who can use imagery, typography, video and other elements to communicate a message. And they must be able to manage photographers, illustrators, directors, production managers and others in the execution.
The Senior AD must be highly collaborative, with an ability to present (and defend) a point of view while remaining open-minded to the ideas and/or concerns expressed by others. Like everyone else on the team, they should be good listeners and always pursue the best idea, even if it wasn’t their own.
- Development of creative concepts that are on strategy, aimed at business objectives and meet or exceed our standards.
- A deep desire to engage with consumers in new and emerging media.
- Develop good working partnerships with individuals in account management, media, production and other departments.
- Selection and supervision of photographers, illustrators, directors and studio in the execution of concepts.
- Presentation of creative ideas supported with strong rationales.
- Participation in new business as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and PowerPoint or a willingness to learn it.
- Demonstrated conceptual talent (portfolio).
- Strong digital first thinking.
- Design and conceptual skills.
- 5+ Years of Agency experience.
- Salary DOE.
- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision.
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability.
- 401K Plan.
- Educational & Career Development.
- 100% Employer paid ORCA Passport Card.
- Personalized PTO (Our version of unlimited PTO).
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the base of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.