Who We Are
DNA is an independent creative agency in the Metropolis-meets-Mother-Nature hotbed of Seattle. Our thing? We make love between people and brands. How do we do it? By helping brands be entertaining, engaging, relevant and useful, day in and day out. What it requires of us is curiosity, courage, talent, honesty, hard work and a healthy dose of magic. At DNA, we have a ‘maker’ mentality where creativity lives in every department, where new voices and perspectives are nurtured, and we never, ever forget that the work is the boss.
Who You Are
You are a growth-minded individual who loves to win. You are competitive – you don’t rest on your laurels (or the agency’s), or let complacency set in. You think strategically to identify new brand and client opportunities for the agency that creates excitement and enthusiasm from the team. You are an optimistic leader, inspiring the best in people to bring their A-game to pitching new work. And, you bring passion, insights and solutions to prospective clients that in turn inspires them to hire us as their agency. As a leader in the agency, you will be an active contributor to the Management Team. You will partner closely with and will report to the President and Chief Growth Officer.
- Partner with the President and Chief Growth officer to define goals for non- organic growth.
- Work collaboratively with integrated agency business development team (Executive Team) to identify prospects, create outreach strategies, secure meetings, presentations, etc.
- Identifies potential positioning opportunities to differentiate the agency to secure new clients (i.e. regional brands, growth industries, $1MM+ in revenue).
- Develops and maintains a prime prospect list which includes qualified prospects from various business categories that align with the agency’s goals and capabilities.
- Advocates and supports the agency’s mission, culture, confidentiality, standards, etc.
- Has expert knowledge of the agency’s history, work portfolio, areas of expertise, services and capabilities.
- Accountable for developing and implementing strategic and/or tactical growth plans designed to meet and exceed the agency’s non-organic growth and objectives.
- Sells agencies resources and tools to generate interest and projects for the agency.
- Evaluates market research and adjusts growth strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on new market/business lead opportunities.
- Initiates and develops leads with prospective new clients on an ongoing basis.
- Work collaboratively with the agency’s public relations representative, as needed, to support growth efforts.
- Works collaboratively with President and Chief Growth Officer in developing productive relationships with agency search consultants.
- Manage, mentor, and grow one direct report on various aspects of agency prospecting, pitching, and marketing activities.
- 10+ years in developing successful growth strategies required.
- Proven track record of growing advertising agency revenues and portfolio of accounts
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Expert collaborator and team builder
- Ability to write reports, presentations and general business correspondence
- Willingness to teach and grow junior team members
- Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, search reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data
- Salary DOE
- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- 401K Plan
- Personalized PTO (Our version of unlimited PTO)
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave