Who we are
DNA is an independent full-service advertising agency founded in Seattle in 1998. We believe advertising is all about values. Because when an organization cares about what consumers care about, connections form and loyalty can grow. It’s our job to uncover these shared values. And to be good at this, we need discipline and insightful strategy, plenty of creative thinking, a willingness to be completely open and honest, and more often than not, the kind of good fortune that results from hard work and preparation.
In other words, we believe our success comes from art, science, truth and luck.
DNA’s culture is paramount to the smart work we do. We celebrate the good days and share accountability for the bad ones. We strive to make each other better. We believe in being bold, in being courageous and aim to approach everything with a “whatever it takes” attitude. We are seeking to add a Director of Communications Strategy who is ready to become a core part of this special thing we’re building.
Who you are
You will thrive in this role if…
You are a natural collaborator with strong communication and interpersonal skills
You are equal parts creative media philosophy and analytical drive
You can lead and inspire while still not afraid to get into the weeds when needed
You are a coach and advocate for your team, agency, and clients
The Director of Communications Strategy is responsible for setting the vision for the media department at DNA – providing strategic direction for how media can be used to engage consumers on behalf of our clients. The Director of Communications Strategy is on the forefront of the changing media landscape and new media ideas, including traditional, interactive, non-traditional, mobile, social and promotional media, and brings the best ideas forward in an integrated and cohesive manner. To this end, the Director of Communications Strategy educates the agency on the current state and future of media.
As an agency leader, the Director of Communications Strategy is an advocate for media and ensures that it is fully integrated in our strategic thinking, and contributes to a culture that values and expects creativity in all things. Other specific duties include:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of media strategy, media planning, media buying, and communications strategy for our clients. Accountable and knowledgeable for all details of the account, from high-level strategy to the most recent reporting data to budgeting and billing
- Being a true business growth partner to our clients. Understanding client business goals, identifying opportunities, marketing objectives, and translating them into relevant objectives and strategies
- Collaborate with creative teams to build on their ideas with media strategy & tactics
- Utilize analytics to attribute value to media and our clients
- Act as a creative media partner with our brand strategy team to brainstorm on new projects, bringing cutting edge ideas and thinking to every create brief
- An active member of the Agency management team, being a voice within the agency for new ways of thinking about media. You get that the way we all consume media is constantly evolving. You understand that this is the “new normal”, and are tenacious in voicing your opinions
- Establishing strategic partnerships that further the agency’s capabilities and provide incremental value to our clients
- Proven track record of working within tight timelines and collaborating with account management, brand strategy and creative teams
- An ability to think in an original way about brand challenges across all communications
- Staying apprised of new and emerging technology, creative and programming applications for potential use for client
- Believer in the importance of the role of data & analytics in decision making
- Skilled at leading client presentations, including new business presentations
- Ability to rally integrated teams around a new solution
- Experience managing and developing talent
- 10+ years in media planning, buying, and communications strategy in a creatively driven agency working in both offline and digital media
- Ability to bootstrap it under any circumstances
- Salary DOE
- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- 401K Plan
- Educational & Career Development
- 100% Employer paid ORCA Passport Card
- Personalized PTO (Our version of unlimited PTO)
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the base of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.