Who We Are
DNA is an independent creative agency in the Metropolis-meets-Mother-Nature hotbed of Seattle. Our thing? We make love between people and brands. How do we do it? By helping brands be entertaining, engaging, relevant and useful, day in and day out. What it requires of us is curiosity, courage, talent, honesty, hard work and a healthy dose of magic. At DNA, we have a ‘maker’ mentality where creativity lives in every department, and we never, ever forget that the work is the boss.
Who You Are
You are a Creative Director/Art Director with a proven background as a CD. You can no doubt concept big ideas and craft amazing executions (and we’ll need that from you), but your focus now is steering the work and mentoring those who make it. You love collaborating with strategy, media and production to make the work better. You can own a room, whether it’s full of peers or clients, because you know the best ideas are worth nothing if you can’t get people excited about it. And speaking of clients, you are adept at managing, hearing and sometimes hand-holding clients when they need it. You can be both the grown-up in the room and the chief merry-maker without blinking an eye. If this sounds like you, read on.
- 10+ years’ experience as a Creative in an advertising, design or in-house agency, with at least 2 of those years as a Creative Director
- Must have strong conceptual thinking and Art Direction/Design skills
- Must be a seasoned and effective presenter of work
- Ability to lead, inspire and mentor creatives of all levels, and savvy to know how to get the most out of different creative personalities
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in multiple stages of development
- Extensive production experience required (overseeing productions involving film, video, photography, motion graphics, re-touching, editing, audio mixing, etc)
- Experience with non-traditional marketing desired (experiential, events, content, product development, etc)
- First and foremost, we want to make work that we love, not just like. Your #1 responsibility is to foster great work.
- Inspire, lead, manage, train, and mentor the creatives under your management so that they make work that they can be proud of, and grow their careers.
- Partner with the CD/Writer as a creative team on high-profile projects and pitches.
- Manage multiple Art Directors as direct reports.
- Manage up to the ECD regularly on the work and any major opportunities or risks with clients.
- Demonstrate collaborative relationships with other groups within the agency (strategy, account management, production and media).
- Stay curious and on top of new tools and tricks to tell engaging stories for brands
- Lead creative presentations for projects and clients under your direction, as well as help grow the presentation skills of your creative teams.
- Partner with all departments in the agency to establish effective work processes and to strengthen client relationships.
- Lead the recruiting efforts for positions within the creative department, in coordination with the ECD and Talent Director.
- Salary DOE
- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- 401K Plan
- Educational & Career Development
- 100% Employer paid ORCA Passport Card
- Personalized PTO (Our version of unlimited PTO)
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the base of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.