Who we are
DNA is an independent full-service advertising agency founded in Seattle in 1998. We believe advertising is all about values. Because when an organization cares about what consumers care about, connections form and loyalty can grow. It’s our job to uncover these shared values. And to be good at this, we need discipline and insightful strategy, plenty of creative thinking, a willingness to be completely open and honest, and more often than not, the kind of good fortune that results from hard work and preparation.
In other words, we believe our success comes from art, science, truth and luck.
It’s in our DNA.
Change is the only constant in life, so we embrace it. Every day we evolve brands, categories and ourselves for the better. Our product is a transformed brand experience. And to create this, we must be solution-oriented, innately curious, creatively driven, and fiercely independent.
Creative Department Overview
We are the designers and makers at DNA and our job is to bring ideas into the world in new and unexpected ways. We are problem solvers who see every challenge as an opportunity. Our product is the work we put out into the world, so it must be the best it can be. It is what will be our calling card as a company and a brand ourselves.
Who you are
The Creative Director has the primary day-to-day responsibility for the
agency’s creative product. They work with the Executive Creative Director to
establish quality standards, and to ensure that these are met (or exceeded) as
consistently as possible. The CD advocates for the role of creativity within the
agency, with our clients, and is expected to identify and help address obstacles that
prevent us from meeting, exceeding and elevating our standard. The CD also assists
in the agency’s new business efforts, from development of self-promotional materials
to participation on actual pitch teams.
The CD is also responsible for the continued growth and development of the Creative
Department. They are expected to mentor those under their management, to
represent the Department to other groups/disciplines within the agency. The CD is
also expected to be a leader within the agency, and to demonstrate our values in
- Ensure that the creative work under your direction meets or exceeds our
expectations, and help us to continue to raise our creative standards.
- A deep desire to engage with consumers in new and emerging media.
- Inspire, lead, manage, train, and mentor the creatives under your management
so that their work can meet or exceed our standards.
- Manage direct reports and creative teams
- Lead creative presentations for projects and clients under your direction.
- Demonstrate collaborative relationships with other groups within the agency
(strategy, account management, production and media).
- Partner with all departments in the agency to establish effective work
processes and to strengthen client relationships.
- Keep the ECD and other agency principals appropriately informed regarding
the clients and major projects under your management.
- Lead the recruiting efforts for positions within the creative department, and
keep the ECD appropriately informed of needs for new hires or staff changes.
- Salary DOE
- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- 401K Plan
- Educational & Career Development
- 100% Employer paid ORCA Passport Card
- Personalized PTO (Our version of unlimited PTO)
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the base of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.