Who We Are
DNA is an independent full-service advertising agency founded in Seattle in 1998. We believe advertising is all about values. Because when an organization cares about what consumers care about, connections form and loyalty can grow. It’s our job to uncover these shared values. And to be good at this, we need discipline and insightful strategy, plenty of creative thinking, a willingness to be completely open and honest, and more often than not, the kind of good fortune that results from hard work and preparation.
In other words, we believe our success comes from art, science, truth and luck.
It’s in our DNA.
Change is the only constant in life, so we embrace it. Every day we evolve brands, categories and ourselves for the better. Our product is a transformed brand experience. And to create this, we must be solution-oriented, innately curious, creatively driven, and fiercely independent.
Who You Are
The Copywriter is responsible for turning creative briefs into creative concepts, copy or other deliverables that meet or exceed our standards. The Copywriter collaborates with others in the development of concepts, and are expected to be fluent in all media. Copywriters must be imaginative, curious, resourceful problem solvers, with a good understanding of strategy and how it should be used to drive creative executions. They must be talented thinkers who can use words and ideas to communicate a message.
The CW must be highly collaborative, with an ability to present (and defend) a point of view while remaining open-minded to the ideas and/or concerns expressed by others. Like everyone else on the team, they should be good listeners and always pursue the best idea, even if it wasn’t their own.
- Development of bold on-strategy creative concepts that make our audience feel. Make them laugh, make them cry, make them angry–just don’t make them bored.
- A deep desire to engage with consumers in new and emerging media.
- Development of creative concepts that are on strategy, aimed at business objectives and that meet or exceed our standards.
- Develop good working partnerships with individuals in account management, media, production and other departments.
- Presentation of creative ideas supported with strong rationales.
- Participation in new business as appropriate.
- 2-3 years of agency experience.
- Salary DOE.
- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability.
- 401K Plan.
- Educational & Career Development.
- 100% Employer paid ORCA Passport Card.
- Personalized PTO (Our version of unlimited PTO).
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave.