The Business Development Director is responsible for all sales and marketing activities of the agency and implementation of the business development plan, which includes: prospecting, lead generation and qualification, presentation development and follow-up. This position reports into the agency Managing Director.
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with integrated agency business development team on RFP’s, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Assists in defining goals for new business development
- Advocates knowledge of and supports the agency’s mission, culture, confidentiality, standards, etc.
- Accountable for developing and implementing strategic and/or tactical new business marketing plans designed to achieve agency goals and objectives
- Evaluates market research and adjusts new business strategies to meet changing market and competitive condition
- Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on new market / business leads and opportunities
- Initiates and manages effective relationships with selected, developed leads on an ongoing basis
- Works collaboratively with the Agency public relations representative to ensure that all communications and materials reflect the agency brand personality
- Coordinates presentation/pitch approaches
- Develops responses to requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Develops/updates new sales literature
- Develops relationships with agency search consultants
- Enhances the agency Web site with creative samples
- Manages/develops electronic presentation piece
- Develops and maintains a prime prospect list which includes qualified prospects from various business categories
8 (+) years in marketing/sales and developing new business development strategies required
- Proven track record of growing advertising agency client revenue
- Ability to write reports, presentations and general business correspondence
- Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Superior project management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the base of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.