Who we are
DNA is an independent integrated advertising agency in Seattle. We uncover and ignite love between people and brands and believe enviable marketing is not only relevant to people’s values and true to the brand, it is also creatively differentiating, culturally-dialed, and unquestionably effective. In other words, we believe in the power of creativity to accomplish remarkable things.
Our version of great work demands insightful and inspiring strategy, technology and data expertise, surprising creative, genius go-to-market, egoless collaboration, tireless curiosity, tenacious work ethic, and the lucky magic that happens when all of this comes together. #BAM
In other words, we believe success comes from art, science, truth and luck.
It’s in our DNA.
We’re looking for a Business Development Director in NYC to work remotely. The Business Development Director is responsible for all sales and marketing activities of the agency and implementation of the business development plan, which includes: prospecting, lead generation and qualification, presentation development and follow-up. This position reports into the agency President and Chief Growth Officer.
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with integrated agency business development team on RFP’s, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Assists in defining goals for new business development
- Advocates knowledge of and supports the agency’s mission, culture, confidentiality, standards, etc.
- Accountable for developing and implementing strategic and/or tactical new business marketing plans designed to achieve agency goals and objectives
- Evaluates market research and adjusts new business strategies to meet changing market and competitive condition
- Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on new market / business leads and opportunities
- Initiates and manages effective relationships with selected, developed leads on an ongoing basis
- Works collaboratively with the Agency public relations representative to ensure that all communications and materials reflect the agency brand personality
- Coordinates presentation/pitch approaches
- Develops responses to requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Develops/updates new sales literature
- Develops relationships with agency search consultants
- Enhances the agency Web site with creative samples
- Manages/develops electronic presentation piece
- Develops and maintains a prime prospect list which includes qualified prospects from various business categories
- Eight(+) years in marketing/sales and developing new business development strategies required
- Proven track record of growing advertising agency client revenue
- Ability to write reports, presentations and general business correspondence
- Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Superior project management skills
- This is a remote position in NYC
- We are open to Full Time or Contract
- Salary DOE
- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- 401K Plan
- Educational & Career Development
- 100% Employer paid ORCA Passport Card
- Personalized PTO (Our version of unlimited PTO)
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave